I posted a picture of these mushrooms in my previous post and they were just little, orange buttons. Now, a few days later they have “mushroomed” into flat heads as you can see in this photo.
I don’t know why, all of a sudden, I am so interested in mushrooms, but I find myself on the lookout for them at this time of year especially when I am walking in the woods.
Maybe it’s because I am surrounded by places where they are easily found, but I just never paid much attention.
I have no idea what type of mushroom this is. If I had to guess from the pictures and description in my book, I’d guess they are the Jack O’Lantern because they are orange and grow from many stems joined at the base. If that is what they are, then they are poisonous.
In fact most of the mushrooms I ever find turn out to be poisonous. I hope I don’t have to live off the land around here, because there is little to eat!