This year, 2022, has not been an especially good one. Knitting has been a great way to escape and be at peace for a while. Looking at my list here, I’ve done a lot of that! I have not checked off “learning brioche”, but I bought a book. I have not steeked anything, but maybe next year.
In the order in which they were finished knitting, here are all the patterns (two were mostly my own) I used this year. My thoughts and info on each come after the title. Each link goes either to my blog post where I review the pattern, or is a direct link to the pattern download / purchase. I will have a link to the actual pattern (if one exists) on the post pages.
- Solstice Glow Hat, by Bunnymuff (January) – Love the colorwork hat even though this type of hat doesn’t look good on me. End product is so cute.
- Two by Two ribbed hat (January) – Quick and FREE. Didn’t like the yarn I used, but the pattern is easy to follow.
- Wrist Warmers (February) A fun & FREE project to play with colorwork.
- Meadow Moon, by Jennifer Steingass (February) Excellent designer, fun pattern, great sweater.
- Slouchy Watchcap in Blue (March), by Churchmouse Yarns – Great hat! Long project that was quite boring to knit, but end product is worth it.
- Lopi Wool Pullover (May) I created this pullover to use up my wool yarn and use some unique colorwork designs.
- Hidden Gems shawl (June) A fun & FREE shawl to knit.
- Bonnie Isle Hat (June) The recent, yearly Shetland hat. Mine is horrible and I don’t look good in this type of hat. Last one for me.
- Warm Up Sweater, by Espace Tricot (June) Free pattern and worth it – great directions. I used up some Lettlopi yarn.
- Honey Cowl 3 (July) Knit this simply to use up some yarn. Very easy pattern.
- Kate’s Poncho (August) Fabulous pattern, loved the yarn. Made as a gift.
- Cumulus Sweater, (September) Nice pattern, I changed the yarn weight to use up yarn. End product is okay and is probably better using suggested yarn.
- Bulky Turtleneck (September) – my own creation to use up Alafosslopi.
- Venlig pullover (October) Beautiful end product pullover, and awesome yarn, but pattern is a bear…!
- Slouchy Watchcap 2 in Orange (October) Wonderful and versatile hat. Same as blue one above. Wearable for sure.
- Playdate in Blue (December) Knit for a friend’s grandchild. Second time knitting this fun little baby cardigan – pattern by Tin Can Knits – you can’t go wrong.
So how did I remember all this? Of course I didn’t. I went to my Ravelry page that shows my projects in order! I found this info in my “projects” section under “challenge”.
I’m finally getting around to posting this on December 25th. It is very cold here in Florida, and I know it doesn’t compare to many places that are suffering with snow and REAL cold, but for us it’s extreme. The banana trees and other tropical plants can’t easily survive teens and twenties. By next week we will be back to normal with temps in the 60s and 70s. Happy knitting all my fiber loving readers.
More from the blog…
Learning to alternate skeins while knitting with variegated yarn in the round.Read More…
Knitting the ribbing around the v-neck for the Arco Iris sweater pattern.Read More…
Knitting the Arco Iris sweater pattern by Joji Locatelli using Miss Babs Kunlun yarn in color Moss green.Read More…